Joomla is a fully-featured, open-source, PHP based content management tool with reusable source codes which is used to create powerful dynamic web content and sites. It gives you a multilingual, highly responsive website that works perfectly on any device of any size. It also offers you a plethora of other third-party extensions and plugins to enhance your web experience.
Paytm’s integration with your Joomla platform assists you to accept payments online using Paytm Payment Gateway that facilitates a wider choice of payment options to your customers such as Paytm Wallet, Debit Card, Credit card, Netbanking (supports 3D Secure), and UPI.
Before you begin the integration, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm.
Generate your API keys
To generate your API Keys,
- Log into the Paytm Dashboard and select API Keys on the left navigation bar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key.
- To generate a key for the Test mode, click the Generate Key button. But, to generate a key for Live mode, you must activate the account first by submitting the required document and then click the Generate Key button.
Note: Users must generate separate API Keys for the Test and Live modes and no charges would be levied in case of Test mode.
Joomla with Paytm
This section describes how to integrate your Joomla platform with Paytm Payment Gateway plugin to accept payment from a customer.
Installation and Configuration
To get started,
- Download the compatible Paytm integration plugin zip from here.
- Log into your Joomla account using the admin credentials.
The Joomla Admin Dashboard appears.
- On the main menu bar, go to Extensions > Manage > Install.
- It presents with three tabs, out of which you select the Upload Package File tab.
An Upload & Install Joomla Extension screen appears.
- Upload the plugin folder either by using drag and drop file functionality or browsing the file.
- On the main menu bar, go to Extensions > Modules.
The Modules (Site) screen outlines a list of integrated modules or modules available for integration.
- Click Paytm and it takes you to the merchant’s account configuration screen.
Fill in the following merchant’s account information.
- Enable Paytm Order Module - Select either True or False to accept Paytm Order Payments
- Module Class Suffix - Provided by Joomla. Set it either to add a new CSS class or modify the existing CSS class for the div element for this specific module
- Paytm Merchant Key - Staging/Production Key provided by Paytm
- Paytm Transaction URL - Provided by Paytm
- Paytm Transaction Status URL - Provided by Paytm
- Enter Merchant MID - Staging/Production MID provided by Paytm
- Enter Merchant Key - Staging/Production Key provided by Paytm
- Enter Merchant Website - Provided by Paytm
- Show Intro Text - Select, Yes or No
- Intro Text - Enter the description that you want to show as an introduction
- Currencies - INR
- Enter Callback URL - Select, Yes or No
- Show Amount Field - Select, Yes or No
- Amount Label - Enter Amount
- Amount - Enter the amount
- Show Title - To show or hide the title of the site
- Position - Select the position of your Paytm module on Joomla site from the pull-down menu
- Status - Select Publish to publish the site
- Click the Save button. It redirects you to the Module (Sites) screen and you see the Paytm’s status changes from ⓧ to ✔︎.
Refer Generate your API keys to get the account credentials. You can also visit https://github.com/Paytm-Payments/Paytm_Joomla_Donation_Kit/ to see the updated Paytm PG URL details.
For any issues with the integration, refer to Get in touch.