Magento is an eCommerce platform built using open source technology. This platform provides online merchants a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content, and functionality of their online store.
What is Magento?
Magento with Paytm
Integrating your Magento Webstore with Paytm allows you to accept payments using Paytm Payment Gateway. You can accept payments via Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking (supports 3D Secure), UPI or Paytm Wallet. This extension offers smooth integration, allowing the customer to pay on your website.
Before you begin to integrate the Paytm Payment Gateway on Magento webstore, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm. To create the same, refer to the section Generate your API Keys.
Generate your API keys with Paytm
To generate the API Key,
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Select the API Keys under Developers on the left menubar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key from the menu.
- Click Generate now to generate a key for the test mode and in case of live mode, first activate the account by submitting documents and then generate the key by clicking the Generate now button.
- You will get the merchant ID and merchant key in response to the above. Please make a note of these to be used further.
- You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
- MID and merchant keys generation may take few minutes. In case you do not see these details, please logout and login after 5 minutes. Proceed now to generate these keys.
This extension works across all browsers and ensures compatibility with the latest versions of Magento.
Download a ZIP of the repository.
Unzip and open the downloaded folder.
Copy app/code/One97 folder from the Magento_V2.3+ version.
Paste and merge it into the Magento Webstore root folder.
Run the command below from Magento Webstore folder:
php bin/magento module:enable One97_Paytm
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After installation, proceed for configuration.
Log into your Magento Webstore Admin.
Navigate to the Admin Panel then to Store->Configuration->Sales->Payment Method.
Save the configuration below in Paytm Gateway Extension.
- Enabled - Yes
- New Order Status - Processing
- Title - Paytm PG
Generate invoice automatically - Invoice is to be generated or not
Note: You can refer the Merchant Dashboard for the following parameters.
Merchant ID - MID provided by Paytm
- Merchant Key - Key provided by Paytm
- Environment mode - Select the type of environment
- Website Name - Enter your Website Name provided by Paytm
- Industry Type Id - Select the type of industry such as Retail, Entertainment, etc.
In System, select Cache Management, then click on Flush Magento Cache.
Your Paytm Payment Gateway is enabled. Now you can accept payment through Paytm.
Note: If you have Linux server, please make sure the folder permissions are set to 755 & file permissions to 644.