Magento is an eCommerce platform built using open source technology. This platform provides online merchants a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content, and functionality of their online store.
What is Magento?
Magento with Paytm
Integrating your Magento Webstore with Paytm allows you to accept payments using Paytm Payment Gateway. You can accept payments via Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking (supports 3D Secure), UPI or Paytm Wallet. This extension offers smooth integration, allowing the customer to pay on your website. This extension works across all browsers and ensures compatibility with the latest versions of Magento.
Download a ZIP of the repository.
Unzip and open the downloaded folder.
Copy app/code/One97 folder from the Magento 2.3x version.
Paste and merge it into the Magento Webstore root folder.
Run the command below from Magento Webstore folder:
php bin/magento module:enable One97_Paytm
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After installation, proceed for configuration.
Log into your Magento Webstore Admin.
Navigate to the Admin Panel then to Store->Configuration->Sales->Payment Method.
Save the configuration below in Paytm Gateway Extension.
- Enabled - Yes
- New Order Status - Processing
- Title - Paytm PG
- Generate invoice automatically - Invoice is to be generated or not
- Merchant ID - MID provided by Paytm
- Merchant Key - Key provided by Paytm
- Environment mode - Select the type of environment
- Website Name - Enter your Website Name provided by Paytm
- Industry Type Id - Select the type of industry such as Retail, Entertainment, etc.
In System, select Cache Management, then click on Flush Magento Cache.
Your Paytm Payment Gateway is enabled. Now you can accept payment through Paytm.
Note: If you have Linux server, please make sure the folder permissions are set to 755 & file permissions to 644.
How to generate API Key?
To generate API Key,
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Select the API Keys under Developers on the left menubar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key from the menu.
- Click Generate Key to generate key for the test mode and in case of live mode, first activate account by submitting documents and then generate key by clicking Generate Key.
Note: You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
In case of any issues with integration, please get in touch.