Mini Apps have few broad platform expectations from Merchants to ensure a seamless experience for our end user and would like every 3rd party merchant to adhere to these practices.
- The end-user must be able to sign-in into Merchant Mini Apps only through Paytm sign-in. There should be no other modes of login like manual user input based login method or social login.
- Payment mode in Mini Apps should only be via. paytmPayment JS API and no other payment modes should be visible during anytime in the app flow.
- Merchants should not send promotional messages by leveraging Notification API.Violation of this will lead to blacklisting of Merchant Notifications.
- There must be no link in the Mini Apps redirecting the user to download Android/iOS app. There shouldn't be any other advertising content and no user redirection out of Mini Apps is allowed.
- It is recommended that Merchants have a well defined Customer Service flow in Mini Apps.
- In Android to get geolocation use paytmCheckPermission to check for "location" Permission & paytmRequestPermission to request "location" permission in case it is not granted, post that merchant can use web-based code to get the location.
- Before calling any JS API that requires permissions merchant must use paytmCheckPermission to check a permission & paytmRequestPermission to request a permission in case it is not granted, post that call the required JS API only if permission is available.