Offers based on Payment Instrument
Payment Instrument offer product empowers you to provide discounts/cashback to your customers, encouraging them to make transactions on your platforms regularly. Payment instrument based offer will be provided by you and agreement with banks. Paytm has the capability to search offers created at Paytm along with verifying and applying any one of the offers as selected by the customer.
Demo of Payment Instrument based Offers
Overview of Instrument Based offers
- User adds products into the cart and proceeds to checkout.
- You will call Fetch All Offer API to display the relevant offers on payment page to the customers. This is required to show promo codes/offers to your users otherwise this a non-mandatory step.
- Paytm will return all applicable offers configured for the merchant.
- User selects a payment instrument.
- You will call Fetch Bin Details API.
- This API will give you “issuingBankCode”, “payment Mode” etc in response. Bank code received here would be used in the next step.
- You will next call Apply Promo API, this API helps in validating an offer against the chosen instrument.
- This API will return the best offer available configured at Paytm end by you. Incase Promo code is already sent to Paytm in this API, this API would return applicability of that particular offer only against that selected instrument. Since it is mandatory to provide offer construct in Initiate transaction API. (next step), it is mandatory to call Apply Promo API, using which you will get offer construct which has to be passed in Initiate transaction API.
- Once validation part is done, you will call Initiate transaction API. Here both payment and offer intent will be passed to paytm. Offer intent will be as per the response of Apply Promo API, and payment intent would be payment related information of the transaction as entered by the user.
- Paytm will share a transaction token in the response of this API post validation.
- Using the transaction token received in the above step, merchant will validate the response and returns transaction token to merchant app/browser.
- You will call Process Transaction API using the token once user clicks on pay button.Since Paytm validates the transaction token as the unique parameter to honour the request to execute transaction, transaction token should be same as in the response received from Initiate transaction API.
- Paytm processes the transaction post validating the request and shares the status of the transaction with you. You would show the transaction status as received through Paytm.
For eg. :- If the cart value of customer is Rs 1000, and there is a Bank offer which entitles a user a discount of Rs 100 on min cart value/ order value of Rs 1000, then effective order value would be Rs 900 only. Paytm would process transaction which would be value of Rs 900. In case of cashbacks, the transaction value would be Rs 1000 only, as cashbacks have to be honoured by banks.
To apply Paytm instrument based offer you have to create your own payment experience using Paytm Custom Checkout API’s and process payment via Paytm.
Steps to process an offer
Step 1: Configure an offer
You will be able to configure an offer by providing the offer construct in an email to your Paytm's account manager or client management team or you may contact us. You would soon be able to configure & edit the bank offer campaigns through Paytm Dashboard on your own.
Step 2: Display Offers to Customer
Show the available offers which merchant will get in the response of Fetch All Offer API.
Step 3: Apply an Offer
Automatic Selection of an Offer : Paytm will apply best offer in case merchant will not pass any offer.
Specific offer Validation : Merchant will pass specific offer in Apply Promo API as per user selection. Paytm will validate the offer and provide the response accordingly.
Step 4: Initiate transaction with Bank Offer
You will pass json string paymentoffer in the Initiate Transaction API under paymentoffersApplied parameter, this should be same as what you would have received in response of Apply Promo API. Paytm will provide transaction token in the response to this request.
Step 5: Process transaction.
Call the Process Transaction API API to process the transaction.
Step 6: Validating Checksum
Checksumhash received in response to process transaction needs to be verified on merchant server using Paytm library with all the parameters in key-value pairs.
Step 7: Validate the Transaction
You should always validate transaction response via server-side request using Transaction Status API. This API requires checksumhash in request and response. You must verify the Order Id and Amount with your DB entries. The status should be treated as the final status of the transaction in all cases.