OpenCart is an open-source eCommerce platform for online merchants which provides a professional and reliable foundation to build a successful online store. This foundation appeals to a wide variety of users, ranging from seasoned web developers looking for a user-friendly interface to use to the shop owners just launching their business online for the first time. It has an extensive amount of features that give you a stronghold over the customization of your store. With OpenCart's tools, you can help your online shop live up to its fullest potential.
What is OpenCart?
OpenCart with Paytm
Integrating your OpenCart site with Paytm allows you to accept payments using Paytm Payment Gateway. You can accept payments via Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking (supports 3D Secure), UPI or Paytm Wallet.
Before you begin to integrate the Paytm Payment Gateway on Opencart webstore, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm. To create the same, refer to the section Generate your API Keys.
Generate your API keys with Paytm
To generate the API Key,
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Select the API Keys under Developers on the left menubar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key from the menu.
- Click Generate now to generate a key for the test mode and in case of live mode, first activate the account by submitting documents and then generate the key by clicking the Generate now button.
- You will get the merchant ID and merchant key in response to the above. Please make a note of these to be used further.
- You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
- MID and merchant keys generation may take few minutes. In case you do not see these details, please logout and login after 5 minutes. Proceed now to generate these keys.
This extension offers smooth integration, allowing the customer to pay on your website. It works across all browsers and ensures compatibility with the latest version of OpenCart.
Compatibilities and Dependencies
- PHP v5.4.0 or higher
Log into OpenCart Webstore Admin.
Navigate to the Admin Panel > Extensions > Extension installer.
Click the Upload button, then select the downloaded zip file (Step 1), then click the Continue button and wait for the process to complete.
Navigate to Extensions > Extensions.
On the Extensions page, select Payments from the dropdown and install the Paytm Gateway extension.
After installation, proceed for configuration.
Download a ZIP of the repository.
Copy all folders (admin, catalog, & system) from the upload directory of the required version, and then paste them into your OpenCart Webstore root directory.
Log into OpenCart Webstore Admin.
Navigate to the Admin Panel > Extensions > Extensions.
On the Extensions page, select Payments from the dropdown and then install the Paytm Gateway extension.
After installation, proceed to configuration.
Note: This plugin supports EMI Subvention and Bank offers, please reach out to us through Contact Us or your KAM to enable EMI Subvention and Bank Offers for your MID.
- Log into OpenCart Webstore Admin.
- Navigate to Extensions and then select Extensions.
- On the Extensions page, select Payments from the dropdown and then install the Paytm Gateway extension.
- Save the configuration below.
Fill in the following credentials in the Paytm Payments form.
Note:You can refer the Merchant Dashboard for these details.
- Merchant ID - Enter your Merchant ID
- Merchant Key - Enter your Merchant Key
- Website - Enter your Website Name provided by Paytm
- Industry Type - Type of industry such as Retail, Entertainment, etc.
- Environment - Select the type of environment
- Order Success Status - Order status that will set for Successful Payment
- Order Failed Status - Order status that will set for Failed Payment
- Total - Minimal amount required to make this payment method active
- Geo Zone - Geo Zone of the payment method to be active
- Status - Keep this Enabled to accept payment through Paytm
- Sort Order - Set ordering in the payment methods list
- Enable EMI Subvention - Select "Enable" to provide Zero/Low cost EMI
- Enable Bank Offer - Select "Enable" to provide Bank Offers
- Enable DC EMI - Select "Enable" to provide EMI on Debit Card
Note:This plugin supports Debit Card EMI, send us the user mobile number in order to check the user’s Debit Card EMI eligibility and show the applicable banks name.
- Your Paytm Payment Gateway is enabled. Now you can accept payment through Paytm.