Funds transfer can be directly initiated from Payout account or can be done from any Disbursal Account. The most organized way is to use disbursal accounts to manage funds flow.
- Select the disbursal account from Accounts & Payouts section.
- From the transfer funds, select bulk transfer or single transfer mode
- Alternately, click on the disbursal account name to view all details of this disburse account. And now click 'Transfer Funds' to select bulk or single mode of payment.
- Select ‘Type’ from the filter.
- Download the sample file and fill the required details.
- Upload the updated file through ‘Upload Disbursal File’ option.
- And hit the ‘Transfer funds’ button to make the payment.
You can make upto 5000 transactions at once using bulk upload payout.
NOTE: Always view the pricing section while choosing the mode of payment through ‘ View Pricing’ in the 'Transfer Funds' section.
The payouts can also be done to an individual account or an individual person on his mobile number.
- From ‘Accounts & Passbook Section’, select the relevant Disbursal Account
- Select a contact from the saved list of contacts to make a payout or to add a new contact, use ‘Add New’ option. Alternatively, you can also enter the bank account details, mobile number or UPI address to make immediate payment
Save all contacts in one go using the Contacts section.
- Enter the amount to be transferred in the Amount box.
- Select a mode of transferring funds which can be either a bank account, UPI address or Paytm Wallet of the user
Note : Paytm Payouts can auto fetch all saved bank account details or UPI addresses to transfer funds
- Select the mode of transfer from the drop down menu and enter the purpose. Purpose will be passed to customers and they will be able to see it in their account statement
- Click on ‘Proceed’ and enter the OTP for the final transfer of funds
- Click on ‘Transfer Now’ to complete the transaction.
Smart Transfer is an efficient way to increase the success rate of bank and wallet transfers by automatically retrying all payment failures. Payout failures usually occur due to insufficient funds in the payout account or when beneficiary bank technology systems are down and many more such reasons. In such cases, the payout fails instantaneously whereas it could be possible the beneficiary bank starts working again in the next few minutes. Smart transfer will intelligently queue such failures and retry payment till they are successful. This reduces the merchant’s effort to initiate the payment multiple times, also ensuring that the beneficiary gets payment on time.
Enable Smart Transfer
To enable smart transfer option for your payouts dashboard, follow the steps below:
- In the ‘Settings’ section from the left main menu, click on the ‘ Profile’ option
- Under the ‘Payout Setting’ tab, select ‘Smart Transfer’
- Enable Smart Transfer using the toggle button
- From the right menu, select the transaction type. It can be enabled for money transfer done to
- Bank Account
- Paytm Wallet
- Using Payout Links
- Select the maximum time period for which the system should retry payment failures
- Click on Enable to set the smart transfer for selected transaction type
- Use the Add New option to enable the smart transfer feature for other transaction types. Added settings can also be edited / deleted from this section
- The maximum retry time period can be set from 6 to 72 hours. This time period setting can be set differently for each transaction type, which means that the time period for retrial can be different for bank transfer, wallet transfer and payout link transfer.
Note: Merchants integrated using APIs should change their system integration to consume additional payout status values i.e. Queued & Cancelled before enabling this setting.