Subscription activation - Standard Checkout
The Standard Checkout is intended to make payments secure with Paytm in compliance with PCI securities.
- User selects the plan and you get the Transaction Token using the Initiate Subscription API.
- Submit the request as HTML form POST and it will redirect the customer to Paytm's payment page.
- The customer enters the payment details to complete the activation.
- The response gets posted as an HTML form POST on your app/website's callback URL.
- Use the Subscription S2S Callback or Fetch Subscription Status API to confirm the subscription status and display the confirmation to the user on your app/website.
Flow diagram to show the subscription activation via Standard Checkout
Creating a payloadCreate a payload with parameters in the key value pairs. Using the payload, make an HTML form post and redirect the customer to Paytm server.
Request AttributesHTML Form Post
PARAMETER DESCRIPTION MANDATORY orderId
A unique reference ID generated by a merchant for the transaction and sent in the request. Yes txnToken
Transaction Token received in the Initiate Subscription API response. Yes mid
A unique identifier provided to every merchant by Paytm at the time of their creation. Yes
Redirecting to the bank page for authorizationThe customer enters the payment details and is redirected to the bank page for authorization. Once the subscription is authorized, Paytm receives the response from the bank and returns a status to your website via your callback URL. Response attributes description and sample HTML form post is provided here.
Fetching the latest subscription statusPaytm will provide an S2S callback on your configured callback URL. Alternatively, you use a Fetch Subscription Status API to fetch the latest status.