Shopify is a powerful SaaS (software as a service) platform providing end-to-end ecommerce solutions to create customizable and fully-featured online stores within minutes.
Its hosted solution and various marketing tools makes it a good choice for various merchants, from new entrepreneurs to those aiming at a significant expansion.
Paytm’s integration with your Shopify store assists you to accept payments online. It offers simple processes, flexible conditions, and also accepts high-risk merchants. It presents a wider choice of payment options to your customers such as Paytm Wallet, Debit Card, Credit card, Netbanking (supports 3D Secure), and UPI.
Before you begin the integration, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm.
Generate your API keys
Follow the steps below to generate your API Keys:
- Log into the Paytm Dashboard and select API Keys on the left navigation bar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key.
- To generate a key for the Test mode, simply click the Generate Key button. But, to generate a key for Live mode, first you must activate the account by submitting the required document and then click the Generate Key button.
Integrate your Shopify store with Paytm
This section describes how to integrate your Shopify store with Paytm Payment Gateway to accept payment from a customer. Before you begin the integration, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm.
To get started,
- Log into your Shopify account and select Setting at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select Payments.
- Click the Choose alternate payment button under Alternative payment methods.
- Select Paytm and it takes you to Paytm Payment setup screen.
You can also type Paytm on the Search bar to scale down your search of the desired Payment method.
- Fill in the following credentials in the Account information form:
- MID/Account ID - Staging/Production MID provided by Paytm
- Merchant Key - Staging/Production Key provided by Paytm
- Industry Type - Provided by Paytm
- Website - Provided by Paytm
- Under the Accepted Payments pane, select the payment methods that you want to be supported by the Payment Gateway.
- Select the Enable test mode check box, if you want to test the Paytm setup by simulating successful and failed transactions.
- Click the Activate Paytm button to activate the Paytm payment gateway.
The Payment Providers screen outlines the various payment options available for integration with your online store.
In case of any issues with integration, please Get in touch.