Shopify is a powerful SaaS (software as a service) platform providing end-to-end eCommerce solutions to create customizable and fully-featured online stores within minutes. Its hosted solution and various marketing tools make it a good choice for various merchants, from new entrepreneurs to those aiming at a significant expansion.
Paytm’s integration with your Shopify store assists you to accept payments online offering a wider choice of payment options to your customers such as Paytm Wallet, Debit Card, Credit card, Netbanking (supports 3D Secure), and UPI.
Before you begin the integration, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm. To create the same, refer to the section Generate your API Keys.
Generate your API keys with Paytm
To generate the API Key,
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Select the API Keys under Developers on the left menubar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key from the menu.
- Click Generate now to generate a key for the test mode and in case of live mode, first activate the account by submitting documents and then generate the key by clicking the Generate now button.
- You will get the merchant ID and merchant key in response to the above. Please make a note of these to be used further.
- You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
- MID and merchant keys generation may take few minutes. In case you do not see these details, please logout and login after 5 minutes. Proceed now to generate these keys.
Integrate your Shopify store with Paytm
This section describes how to integrate your Shopify store with Paytm Payment Gateway to accept payment from a customer.
To get started,
- Log into your Shopify account and select Setting at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select Payments.
The Payment Providers screen outlines the various payment options available for integration with your online store.
Note: The S2S Callback URL required by the Paytm onboarding representative to initiate the Payment Gateway Integration will be provided by Shopify on the same page.
- Click the Choose alternate payment button under Alternative payment methods.
- Select Paytm and it takes you to the Paytm Payment setup screen.
You can also type Paytm on the Search bar to scale down your search of the desired Payment method.
Fill in the following credentials in the Account Information form. You can refer the Merchant Dashboard for these details.
- MID - Staging/Production MID
- Merchant Key - Staging/Production Key
- Industry Type - Provided by Paytm
- Website - Provided by Paytm
- Under the Accepted Payments pane, select the payment methods that you want to be supported by the Payment Gateway.
- Select the Enable test mode check box, if you want to test the Paytm set up by simulating successful and failed transactions.
- With "Enable test mode" as checked, the transactions are routed to the Paytm staging/integration environment. No payment is deducted from the payment instruments with this setting on.
- To process the live transactions, uncheck the "Enable test mode" and change the account information with production credentials
- Click the Activate Paytm button to activate the Paytm Payment Gateway.