Shopify is a powerful SaaS (software as a service) platform providing end-to-end eCommerce solutions to create customizable and fully-featured online stores within minutes. Its hosted solution and various marketing tools make it a good choice for various merchants, from new entrepreneurs to those aiming at a significant expansion.
Paytm’s integration with your Shopify store assists you to accept payments online offering a wider choice of payment options to your customers such as Paytm Wallet, Debit Card, Credit card, Netbanking (supports 3D Secure), and UPI. It offers simple processes, flexible conditions, and also accepts high-risk merchants.
Generate your API keys
To generate your API Keys,
- Log into the Paytm Dashboard and select API Keys on the left navigation bar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key.
- To generate a key for the Test mode, simply click the Generate Key button. But, to generate a key for Live mode, you must activate the account first by submitting the required document and then click the Generate Key button.
Note: Users must generate separate API Keys for the Test and Live modes and no charges would be levied in case of Test mode.
Integrate your Shopify store with Paytm
This section describes how to integrate your Shopify store with Paytm Payment Gateway to accept payment from a customer. Before you begin the integration, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm.
To get started,
- Log into your Shopify account and select Setting at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select Payments.
The Payment Providers screen outlines the various payment options available for integration with your online store.
Note: The S2S Callback URL required by the Paytm onboarding representative to initiate the Payment Gateway Integration will be provided by Shopify on the same page.
- Click the Choose alternate payment button under Alternative payment methods.
- Select Paytm and it takes you to Paytm Payment setup screen.
You can also type Paytm on the Search bar to scale down your search of the desired Payment method.
- Fill in the following credentials in the Account information form:
- MID/Account ID - Staging/Production MID provided by Paytm
- Merchant Key - Staging/Production Key provided by Paytm
- Industry Type - Provided by Paytm
- Website - Provided by Paytm
- Under the Accepted Payments pane, select the payment methods that you want to be supported by the Payment Gateway.
- Select the Enable test mode check box, if you want to test the Paytm set up by simulating successful and failed transactions.
- Click the Activate Paytm button to activate the Paytm payment gateway.
In case of any issues with integration, please Get in touch.