What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress.
WooCommerce with Paytm
Integrating your WooCommerce site with Paytm allows you to accept payments using Paytm Payment Gateway. You can accept payments via Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking (supports 3D Secure), UPI or through Paytm wallets. The plugin offers smooth integration, allowing the customer to pay on your website. This plugin works across all browsers and ensures compatibility with the latest version of WooCommerce.
Before you begin to integrate the Paytm Payment Gateway on Woocommerce, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm. To create the same, refer to the section Generate your API Keys.
Generate your API keys with Paytm
To generate the API Key,
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Select the API Keys under Developers on the left menubar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key from the menu.
- Click Generate now to generate a key for the test mode and in case of live mode, first activate the account by submitting documents and then generate the key by clicking the Generate now button.
- You will get the merchant ID and merchant key in response to the above. Please make a note of these to be used further.
- You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
- MID and merchant keys generation may take few minutes. In case you do not see these details, please logout and login after 5 minutes. Proceed now to generate these keys.
Compatibilities and Dependencies
- Wordpress v3.9.2 or higher
- Woocommerce v2.4 or higher
- PHP v5.6.0 or higher
Download a ZIP of the repository.
Unzip and open the downloaded folder.
Copy the Paytm-payments folder from the unzipped folder.
Paste it into /wp-content/plugins/ directory or you may choose to upload the Paytm folder via the Woocommerce Webstore Admin panel.
Log into your WordPress admin and activate the Paytm plugin in WordPress Plugin Manager.
Log into your WooCommerce Webstore account, navigate to Settings and click the Checkout/Payment Gateways tab.
Scroll down to the Checkout page and go to the setting option of Paytm under Gateway Display.
Click on Paytm to edit the settings. If you do not see Paytm in the list at the top of the screen make sure you have activated the plugin in the WordPress Plugin Manager.
Fill in the following credentials.
- Enable - Enable check box
- Title - Paytm
Description - Default
Note: You can refer the Merchant Dashboard for the following parameters.
- Merchant Identifier - Staging/Production MID
- Secret Key - Staging/Production Key
- Website Name - Provided by Paytm
- Industry Type - Provided by Paytm
- Environment - Select environment type
Your Paytm payment gateway is enabled. Now you can accept payment through Paytm.
In case of any issues with integration, please get in touch.