What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress.
WooCommerce with Paytm
Integrating your WooCommerce site with Paytm allows you to accept payments using Paytm Payment Gateway. You can accept payments via Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking (supports 3D Secure), UPI or through Paytm wallets. The plugin offers smooth integration, allowing the customer to pay on your website. This plugin works across all browsers and ensures compatibility with the latest version of WooCommerce.
Compatibilities and Dependencies
- Wordpress v3.9.2 or higher
- Woocommerce v2.4 or higher
- PHP v5.6.0 or higher
Download a ZIP of the repository
Unzip and open the downloaded folder.
Copy the paytm-payments folder from the unzipped folder.
Paste it into /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Or, you may choose to upload the paytm folder via the Woocommerce Webstore Admin panel.
Log into your WordPress admin and activate the Paytm plugin in WordPress Plugin Manager.
Log into your the WooCommerce Webstore account, navigate to Settings and click the Checkout/Payment Gateways tab.
Scroll down to the Checkout page and go to the setting option of paytm under Gateway Display.
Click on paytm to edit the settings. If you do not see paytm in the list at the top of the screen make sure you have activated the plugin in the WordPress Plugin Manager.
Save the below configuration
- Enable - Enable check box
- Title - Paytm
- Description - Default
- Merchant Identifier - Staging/Production MID provided by Paytm
- Secret Key - Staging/Production Key provided by Paytm
- Website Name - Provided by Paytm
- Industry Type - Provided by Paytm
- Environment - Select environment type.
Your Paytm payment gateway is enabled . Now you can accept payment through Paytm.
How to generate API Key?
To generate API Key:
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Select API Keys under Developers in left menu
- Now select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key from the menu.
- Click Generate Key to generate key for the test mode and in case of Live mode first activate account by submitting documents then generate key by clicking on Generate Key.
Note: You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
In case of any issues with integration, please get in touch.