Zen Cart is a free PHP-based online store management system that helps you set-up and run your fully customizable online stores with loads of great features that make managing your store a breeze. It supports multiple payment processors and provides flexible coupon and discount functionality in collaboration with its advanced SEO functions.
Paytm’s integration with your Zencart platform assists you to accept payments online using Paytm Payment Gateway that facilitates a wider choice of payment options to your customers such as Paytm Wallet, Debit Card, Credit card, Netbanking (supports 3D Secure), and UPI.
Before you begin the integration, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm.
Generate your API keys
To generate your API Keys,
- Log into the Paytm Dashboard and select API Keys on the left navigation bar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key.
- To generate a key for the Test mode, click the Generate Key button. But, to generate a key for Live mode, you must activate the account first by submitting the required document and then click the Generate Key button.
Note: Users must generate separate API Keys for the Test and Live modes and no charges would be levied in case of Test mode.
Zencart with Paytm
This section describes how to integrate your Zencart platform with Paytm Payment Gateway plugin to accept payment from a customer.
Installation and Configuration
To get started,
- Download the Paytm integration plugin zip from here.
- Unzip the plugin folder and copy the following files in their respective folders based on the directory structure in the module.
- PaytmChecksum, paytm_version.txt-: Put this file under "includes" directory.
- paywithpaytm-: put this file under "includes/modules/payment" directory.
- paytmlib-: put this folder under "includes/modules/payment" directory.
- paywithpaytm(language file)-: put this file under "includes/languages/english/modules/payment"
- Log into your Zencart store using the admin credentials.
The Zencart Admin Dashboard appears.
- On the main menu bar, go to Modules > Payment.
The Payment Modules page outlines the list of integrated plugins and the plugin available for integration.
- In case of a new Paytm payment plugin, click ► next to the PayWithPaytm module under the Action column.
- Click the + Install Module button.
A Merchant Account Details form prompts on the right side of the screen.
Refer Generate your API keys to get the account credentials. You can also visit https://github.com/Paytm-Payments/Paytm_Zencart_Kit/ to see the updated Paytm PG URL details.
- Enable Paytm Order Module - Select either True or False to accept Paytm Order Payments
- Merchant ID - Staging/Production MID provided by Paytm
- Merchant Key - Staging/Production Key provided by Paytm
- Website - Provided by Paytm
- Industry Type - Provided by Paytm
- Custom Callback URL - Edit the pre-configured callback URL, if required or else skip
- Transaction URL - Provided by Paytm
- TxnStatus URL - Provided by Paytm
- Paytm Payment Zone - Zone, where you want to use the payment gateway
- Payment Sort Order of Display - Sort order of Paytm Payment Methods
- Paytm Set Order Status - Status of in process order that is placed using the Paytm Payment Gateway
- Click the Update button to update details.
For any issues with the integration, refer to Get in touch.