UPI Solutions Overview
UPI is a popular mode of payment for customers which allows them to make payments directly through their bank accounts without entering debit card or netbanking details. The bank account details are fetched through the VPA (Virtual Payment Address) provided by the customer. Paytm supports both UPI Intent and UPI Collect solutions to process payment via UPI.
Paytm UPI Intent flow empowers the merchants to give flexibility to its users for making payments from any of the UPI PSP Apps available on their mobile. This feature enables you to give better payment experience to users who wish to make UPI payments.
Benefits of using UPI Intent:
- User need not remember his VPA for making UPI payment
- Users do not need to switch between your merchant App, UPI PSP App and SMS.
- Flexibility for the user to use any UPI PSP App available on the device.
- Ease of making payment and better user experience results in higher conversion rate.
UPI Collect is the simple way of taking the payment by prompting the user to enter the VPA address through which he/she intends to pay. User is notified through SMS and is prompted to make the payment on the relevant bank App. This flow is available as a payment mode in our different solution offerings such as Standard Checkout, Blink Checkout, All in One SDK etc.
Benefits of using UPI Collect:
- UPI collect available as a payment mode with all our solution offerings.
- No separate integration required by the merchants for accepting payments by customers using UPI.
Overview of Payment processing using UPI Collect flow
- User selects the payment page as UPI on the checkout page.
- User enters the Virtual Payment Address (VPA) of his choice to make the payment and clicks on the Pay button.
- Paytm sends a collect request to the user’s UPI App corresponding to the entered VPA.
- A SMS/Push notification is received by the user requesting him to complete the payment.
- Your App/Website shows a wait screen which is polling to check payment status.
- User opens the UPI App with the order amount already filled and clicks on Pay.
- User enters the m-pin and approves the transaction,
- You receive the transaction status corresponding to the payment completed by the user.
- User goes back to your App/Website payment page. You can show the successful status of payment on the checkout page.
- You show an order successful message to the user.