EMI subvention product empowers you to provide an option to your customers for making total payment in easy equal installments at zero% effectively interest rate. With this product, you can encourage your customers to make big value purchases without worrying about making complete upfront payment. You can give this feature by providing the interest component as cashback to the payment instrument used by the customer or by reducing the principal amount itself. For e.g. If a customer purchases a product worth Rs 60000, then a EMI subvention product will give merchant flexibility so that the customer can pay Rs 10000 each month for 6 months.
You will need to get the configuration for the EMI subvention options. For the EMI subvention configuration, you will need to provide the following details.
- Zero or low cost EMI plans - Banks and tenures on which you would like to offer the EMI subvention schemes. Please refer to the standard EMI plans offered through Paytm payment gateway and select the plans on which you would like to offer EMI subvention plans.
- Choose one of the EMI subvention strategy mentioned below. This shall be used to filter out the subvention plans applicable on user cart items.
- Amount based subvention - You need to provide the minimum and maximum amount on which subvention can be given. You will just need to send the eligible subvention amount from the total cart amount on which you would like to offer Zero or No cost EMIs to your customers.
- Item based subvention - You will need to provide one or any combination of the different identifiers and send the same in the relevant APIs or in the config for JS checkout. The different identifiers are category id, brand id, model and EAN number. You will need to send the same parameters as configured to determine the Zero or No cost EMIs plans for that product.
- Gratification type - You can gratify the interest to the users either as an upfront discount or cashback at the end of EMI cycles.
Note: You will need to get the above configuration done for the EMI subvention options. Please send the email with details to your account manager or you may contact us.